Nutraceutical olive oil


Nutraceutical olive oil

Point your mouse on the body parts in order to discover the benefits of extra virgin olive oil

There is a wide consensus among the experts that extra virgin olive oil is the healthier fat for human consumption. There are many reasons why this is considered as a fact within and outside the scientific community.

First of all, extra virgin olive oil is produced without using chemical solvents. Plain mechanical extraction is everything which is needed in order to obtain this extraordinary product.

Monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols

That being said, researchers have focused their attention on two main features of extra virgin olive oil. 1) the composition of fatty acids and 2) the polyphenols content.

100% talian extra virgin olive oil is composed of roughly 75% monounsaturated fatty acids (oleic acid, also known as Omega 9). The remaining 25% is shared between polyunsaturated (Omega 3 and Omega 6) and saturated fatty acids. All of these fatty acids play a crucial role in human wellness. Yet, it is widely believed that monounsaturated fats are to be prefered. Under this point of view, extra virgin olive oil is definitely one of the best solution for a healthy diet.

Polyphenols are phenolic compounds that are naturally contained in the olives. Cold extraction and the most advanced technologies allows to extract the largest amount of polyphenols from the olives and to transfer it to the olive oil. Therefore, not all the extra virgin olive oils are the same for what concerns polyphenols. An oil mill equipped with the most advanced technology, like Oleificio Pasquinoni, can provide olive oils which have a high polyphenol content.

A regular consumption of high quality extra virgin olive oil provides benefits for several parts of our body.

It protects arteries and prevents heart attacks and cardiovascular illnesses

It helps the nervous system and lubricates the mind

It helps digestion and protects the mucous membrane that covers the surface of the stomach

It protects the mucous membrane that covers the surface of the stomach and intestine

It inhibits the secretion of bile, improves emptying of the gallbladder bile, by preventing the formation of kidney, produces a lower secretory activity of the pancreas

It reduces by 45% the risk of breast cancer

It is used in cosmetics and beauty products to prevent wrinkles and make your hair strong and bright

It is used to massage the muscle because it softens and revitalizes skin

A drop of life

Do you know the advantages of using Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

  • 1 Extra virgin olive oil is extracted from olives using mechanical means only. No high temperatures and chemicals solvents are employed in the extraction process.

  • 2 Recent studies have shown that a regular consumption of extra virgin olive oil brings about a reduction of LDL cholesterol.

  • 3 Extra virgin olive oil naturally contains polyphenols, which are precious antioxidants that help protecting from free radicals and cell ageing.

  • 4 It helps preventing from Alzheimer disease.

  • 5 It helps preventing tumours and other degenerative illnesses.

  • 6 With a smoke point of 190°C, extra virgin olive oil is perfect for frying.

Pasquinoni EVOO is the loyal partner of your tasteful recipes and the vigilant guardian ….

of your good health!

“And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off; so Noah knew that the waters were abated from the earth.”
(Genesis 8. 11)